Friday, May 23, 2008

On HOLD

As I write this, I could be interrupted at any moment and have to pause - I'm on hold. There's a little piano ditty that sounds very Charles Schultz-y coming from the speakerphone in my friend Deb's office. I'm waiting for a nice boy (or girl) at ETS to pick up and tell me my Praxis scores which are available today for the low low price of 30 bucks.

I could wait until next week for my paper scores to arrive for free - but they won't be sent until Tuesday, meaning I won't have them in my grubby little hand until at least Wednesday or Thursday, maybe later. I just don't think I can wait until then.

Crikey. Here they are.

WOOHOO!

Okay, I passed. But let me finish my thoughts about being on hold.

I've been in a holding pattern about employment and life for some time now and I am ready for the metaphorical guy on the other end of the line to pick up the darn phone and answer my life questions! I've tried listening to the Muzak, doodling, and multitasking to pass the time, but I have reached my limit.

So, now that I know - PASS - and that I have hope of my certificate being up and running in a couple of weeks, I am ready to move on. The Hold is almost over. I can almost get on with it.

Phew.

1 comment:

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

WOOO HOO!! Really, it wasn't much of a surprise, but rather a necessary confirmation. We all knew you would be just fine.

Good metaphor. I'm anxious to see where you are led.