Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's been a long time...

Just feeling compelled to post a little something since I haven't in FOREVER. Much randomness promised.

Tomorrow is the first anniversary of my daddy's death. (See post from last year about yahrzeits.) I miss him. It's so weird how my mourning for him was so delayed because of my angst about mama. I allow myself a few hours of self-pity every now and then, but I have so many blessings that it is hard to wallow.

I REALLY hope I have a job next year. I love what I do! Yes, it's tiring. Yes, it's demanding. But, it is so satisfying. AND, I feel like a freaking rock star every time I walk down the hall. You gotta love that! BUT, if the budget is so shot that they eliminate all of us who don't yet have continuing contracts, I think I really might look into some environmental education possibilities. I'd love to own/operate a Lake Murray Ecotours sort of thing...

Big project due this week for my graduate class (essentially, I have to create a vision of my classroom and plan for teaching reading next year...), PLUS I am taking PRAXIS II for Social Studies on Saturday. I continue to be amazed at how little history I actually know - and secretly, how little I truly give a rip about - so I am hoping the gods of odds will be on my side and that the answer to most everything will indeed be C.

I am about to shower and head to town with the kids. I love that we call it "going to town" when really we are not that far out in the country. Heck, they're building a new WalMart three miles away. But, I like the idea that we go to town with intentionality. I remember going to Wilmington as a kid - every time seemed like a great adventure with promises of Whoppers from KMart and either Burger King or McDonald's on the way home, depending on whether momma wanted to pay taxes to Brunswick or New Hanover County. That's probably a whole blog entry in itself...

I LOVE my new washer and dryer. LOVE them. I have moved beyond watching the laundry as it tumbles about in the machines, but I have nothing but joy about having those two energy-efficient and durable goods!

I can't wait to spend time in my house with my kids this summer. As much as I love my job, I do live playing house, as well, and I look forward to seeing what I get around to doing around here as the summer days come upon us. I also am looking forward to some time at the beach. I miss the sea. Our former next-door neighbors are moving to Knoxville, and I anticipate we will try to get the kids together in the mountains for some camping, too. Sweeeeeet.

Time to go grocery shopping. I love seeing just how much I can get for the smallest amount of money. I still don't really like planning dinner, but I do enjoy the thrill of using doubled coupons
in conjunction with half off sales to get cheap stuff.

And so, I am off. Not so entertaining, dear ones, but oddly refreshing to have entered a little something in this "space."

No comments: