Sunday, November 16, 2008

Giving Thanks

Holy Lord, it's November already - and halfway through, at that!

I don't have anything brilliant to add today, but I am so in the mood for the holidays and feeling like giving thanks. Plus, I really want to get back in the practice of writing, whether there's an audience or not.

It's also helpful sometimes to count my many blessings - keeps me from swimming in my own pool of misery and woe-is-me. Also, list-making is easy writing, as a rule, and as taxed as my brain is feeling lately, I'll feel pleased with myself for a few bullets.

Actually, I could just write my acceptance speech for the Nobel or the Academy Award or even Mrs. America (right!)... nah. I'll stick with the list.


To Casey, my mutt, for the sweet head in my lap that helps me to always know that love is meant to be unconditional...

To Austin, my baby boy, for not being too cool to hold his momma's hand in public, even if only for a few minutes...

To Kori, my mini-me, for still wanting me to check on her every night...

To my beloved husband who really does want to learn to do the laundry the "right" (read: "my") way...

To the parents who send their babies to me every day for trusting me to care for their hearts and minds and to help them grow...

To the little people I teach for giving me purpose every day...

To my friends, old and new, for accepting me and my odd little ways and for chats that keep me laughing and crying and feeling like me...

To our nation for electing a man who, I pray, will be an instrument of peace...

... Thank you.

No comments: